Mindfulness Meditation (in the tradition of Sayagyi U Ba khin as taught by SN Goenka)
Therapeutic Yoga (in the tradition of BKS Iyengar and Patanjali Yoga Sutras)
Preconception & PreNatal Yoga
Birth Preparation for Couples (HypnoBirthing - The Mongan Method)
Psychological Wellbeing during Transition
After 15 years in clinical practice specialising in Private Yoga Therapy and Birth Preparation, I have returned to academics alongside clinical practice to continue my research in the areas of Evidence-based Complimentary Medicine and Biomedical Science.
I have special interests in the application of Original Mindfulness to General Practice and Clinical Psychology, and in translational research of Oxytocin to unconscious bias and social-neurological disorders (specifically through developmental influences on Oxytocin receptor sites).
I am confident in using:
- mindfulness and yoga for mental stability through intensive transition, including crisis.
- therapeutic yoga to increase circulation and innervation, relieving pain and congestion through decreased inflammation, specifically for improved function of the reproductive system.
- breath-, posture- & mindfulness-based techniques for effective pain relief in labour.
- strength and alignment for rehabilitation from injury and chronic structural imbalance, including lumbar, scapula and knee injury.
- original Naturopathy ie keen observation and a wholistic perspective, for treating the root cause of ill-health.
- Evidence-based nutriceuticals for acute-phase treatment, and whole-food therapeutics for long-term wellness-management.
- Referrals and cross-disciplinary communication. Confidence in shared-care with Physios, GPs, Psychologists, Psychotherapists, Fertility specialists and Obstetricians.
- Until such a time that my Undergraduate studies and Clinical practice fall under a catagory approved for registration, I choose to adhere to The Code of Conduct for Medical Practice, as outlined by The Medical Board of Australia, including CPD. I am presently in the process of setting up peer-review performance.
Clients refer to me as The Body Whisperer, Yoganini and Black Belt in Tranquility ;)
Get In Touch
0438 953 091
417 Honour Ave